From: [log in to unmask] on behalf of noiseismusic
Sent: Sat 8/23/2008 5:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ordnancemaps] Map collection

The impression I get is that when university departments, expect possibly
libraries, no longer need their maps they often chuck them in the bin,
instead of thinking isn't their some non-academic out there who would like
such an item.

Is that actually case or am I just getting the wrong impression from what
I've read over time. I know map libraries off load duplicates to other map
libraries but what do university departments do with their obsolete maps?

Kind regards

Tim