Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Apologies for cross posting.
____________________________

New libraries loaded!

Over the summer, Copac has loaded the catalogues of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, the University of St. Andrews' Library, City of London Libraries (Guildhall Library and London Metropolitan Archives) and York Minster.

These additions greatly enhance the already rich and diverse collections recorded on Copac and will be of enormous benefit to the research community:

· The Library and Archives at Kew hold one of the largest collections in the world of printed and original material relating to botany. The Library is the national collection for botanical literature and is international in its coverage.

· St. Andrews has over one million volumes. The catalogue includes special collections covering areas such as theology, classics, history, English and Scottish literature, philosophy, science and medicine.

· The City of London, Guildhall Library have the most comprehensive collection of printed works on London history and outstanding resources on diverse subjects such as food and wine, gardening, law reports, English parliamentary papers, local history, marine history, clock and watch-making and archery

· York Minster Library is the largest cathedral library in the UK. It holds over 130,000 books with collections covering topics such as Theology, Art History, Stained Glass, History, Literature and Religious texts.

Information about further collections being added to Copac can be found at: http://copac.ac.uk/libraries/forthcoming/

New Copac Development Blog.

Behind the scenes Copac is always very busy, but now we have decided to share with you what we're up to. We have a new development blog that we are hoping will shed light on how we are looking at and working with new technologies and how we will deal the thorny issues that they present.

http://copac.ac.uk/development-blog/

URL and contact details.

You can search Copac for free at:
http://copac.ac.uk

For help and advice please email the Copac helpdesk:

Keep up to date with Copac news by subscribing to the Copac Blog:
http://copac.ac.uk/blog/

Regards

Lisa

Lisa Jeskins