Handsworth's DDA/small person level is 750mm from finished floor level [front/back of the free standing desk] which becomes working height staff side, if they choose to sit.

The top level is 1000mm from finished floor, internally illuminated, and a sandwich of acrylic/toughened glass - assist avoid any barrier effect. [Handsworth Library lettering laser cut in.] Comfortable height for standing working and users.
[Perfect height for a bar - John D!]

[Handsworth have a great staff team]

Desk incorporates/conceals all it/data/services/security/cash drawers/storage/cable management, etc. etc. Very little sign of clutter!

Alan - you might call Joan Henderson Head Librarian - 'coming up to two years' user feedback! 0121 464 0119.
We'll take the risk - Handsworth was the first Library we had ever designed [we're hospitality designers] - still learning/looking to improve.
Hope this all adds power to your elbow!!
Pauline L Owen
For JOHN HUNT ASSOCIATES, JHA designers

AWARD WINNING HANDSWORTH COMMUNITY LIBRARY
CILIP Public Library Awards - Winner 2007/8 Interior Design Category
FX International Design Awards 2007 - Public Spaces, short listed 1 of 6