From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Catherine McConnell
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: Student Involvement

Dear Tracey

We’re about to begin a similar project here at Brighton, with a focus on gaining insights into the first year experience and transitions.  I have managed to persuade a couple of schools to allow me train their student ambassadors to facilitate focus groups as part of their peer assisted learning activities, with a view to the ambassadors being co-researchers - we’re interested in the quality of data peers are able to obtain.

In addition and as Kim suggested, we’ve partnered up with the Student Union on aspects of the project, as they are able to tap into student groups that are usually hard to reach.  As for incentives, we’ve got some equipment giveaways such as webcams, mp3 recorders etc.

Good luck with the project

Best wishes

Catherine

Catherine McConnell