Community Views and future requirements of three JISC projects

This is a reminder to anyone who would like the opportunity to feed into our
investigation of existing community views and future community requirements,
of three projects in the JISC Repositories and Preservation Programme (see
below).  Your comments are very much appreciated and many thanks to
everyone who has already sent comments

Evidence Base, Birmingham City University, and Liz Hart Associates are
undertaking work, on behalf of JISC, to investigate existing community views
and future community requirements, of three projects in the JISC Repositories
and Preservation Programme:

A: The Depot. http://www.depot.edina,ac.uk

The Depot provides a facility for researchers to deposit material where their
institution does not have its own repository. It also acts as a re-direct service
to forward researchers' material to an appropriate repository.

B. Intute Repository Search (IRS). http://www.intute.ac.uk.  IRS is being
developed by Intute to provide a repository search infrastructure for scholarly
and educational material enabling discovery, access and retrieval. The
development will build on the e-prints UK project.

C. Repositories Support Project (RSP). http://www.rsp.ac.uk RSP provides
practical advice and guidance to those setting up or developing institutional
repositories.

We would welcome your views on the following:

1. Are you or your colleagues aware of any or all of these projects?

2. Have you or any of your colleagues used any of these three services? If
Yes, which ones have you used and why?

3. Please provide your comments on any services you have used, particularly
changes you would like to see.

4. If you have not used any or all of these services, please give your reasons.

5. Will you be likely to use these services in the future? If so, which ones and
for what reasons?

6. Is there any service(s) that you would like to see these projects offer that
they do not already provide?

We would welcome any additional comments you may have and please
distribute this email to any other appropriate people in your institution.

While this is yet another request at a busy time of year, your views are
important to our work and we thank you in advance for your help and support.

Please send responses, as soon as possible (and not later than 22nd August
2008), to Pete Dalton at [log in to unmask] or tel 0121 331 7670

Many thanks

Pete

Pete Dalton
Director