From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Gregory Chuter
Sent: 05 August 2008 09:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dates / period lists

Hi Phil
The RCHME time line does not match the HBSMR time line we currently use. Will there be an amendment to this at some stage in line with the EH review of periods / timelines?.

Probably opening a whole can of worms here, but the RCHME time line also differs from the one defined by our currently running South East Research Framework. These differences between data sets / projects will surely cause problems for research and data collection in the future.

Greg Chuter,
Assistant County Archaeologist
East Sussex County Council, Transport and Environment, County Hall, St Anne's Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1UE

Tel: 01273 336177, Fax: 01273 479536, Mob: 07500123634