From: "Lee White" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:32:17 AM (GMT-0800) America/Los_Angeles
Subject: DC-related query: Alternative quotes for final P-EX work

Dear All,

Apologies for sending this DC related query out, but could you please pass
this to your DC/Planning Archaeologist if you don't personally deal with
it?

I'm in the midst of arguing with a developer over the final stage of some
P-Ex work and need some feedback from colleagues nationally.

The developer is querying the quotation they've received from the
contractor and are asking me (amongst other things!) to "suggest another
archaeological company who is prepared to offer a quotation".

My immediate gut response is not printable; but I did wish to just check
if I'm correct in my assumption that this is highly irregular and not
common practice in the profession. Have any of you had a similar
experience, if so what was the outcome?

Many thanks
Lee
Assistant Archaeology Officer
Libraries, Learning and Culture
Adult & Community Services
Durham County Council
The Rivergreen Centre
Aykley Heads
Durham
DH1 5TS

0191-370-8846 (T)   0191-370-8897 (F)

e-mail:              [log in to unmask]
On-line SMR:  www.keystothepast.info

** NEW** 2008 issue of "County Durham Archaeology" now available to
purchase via: www.durham.gov.uk/onlineshop

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely
necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the
information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email
by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and
then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes
reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However,
we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of
viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus
checking procedures.

------