Dear All,

The GEM conference is approaching rapidly.  Places are available and there
is still time to book your place - but please be quick.

Our theme is "heritage learning and social change" and we have a wide range
of keynote speakers, breakout sessions and study visits.

Keynote speakers include Julia Unwin, Director, Joseph Rowntree Foundation;
Richard Simmons, CEO, CABE; John Holden, Head of Culture, DEMOS; Judikje
Kiers, Director, Amsterdam's Our Lord in the Attic Museum; Mick Waters,
Curriculum Director, QCA and Lindsay Newton, Head of Development, Dudley
MBC.

Full details of the breakout sessions are given in the revised brochure -
see attached.  Full details are also on the website
http://www.gem.org.uk/cpd/conf/conf08/conf08_intro.html

I hope to see many of you in Chatham for the conference.

John

John Stevenson
GEM Office
131 Trafalgar Street