August 11, 2008

Working on a museum education/interpretation research or evaluation
project?

MUSEUM EDUCATION MONITOR (MEM), the monthly e-newsletter, is compiling a
list of ongoing research and evaluation projects for our upcoming August
2008 issue. I welcome listings by museum workers, faculty, and students
at all levels of study.

If you wish to share your research or evaluation, just send an e-mail to
[log in to unmask] that includes:
- name of project
- research/evaluation question
- how the data will be presented
- principal researcher/ evaluator
- site where research is being conducted
- time span
- contact information
- key words to describe the project

All listings are free of charge and displayed in their language of
origin. Deadline for the August issue is Friday, August 15.

FYI, the following research projects were listed in MEM July 2008:

- How can walled kitchen gardens be developed to support heritage
education? (UK)

- New Literacy New Audiences [Digital Literacy] (Australia)

- Renaissance North West: Evaluation of the North West Museum Hub Family
Learning Initiatives (UK)

- Memory places: contexts of symbolic learning about gender. The
anthropological museums case in Mexico city (Mexico)

- Museum of Discovery NSF funded exhibition, Mystery of the Mayan
Medallion (Summative Evaluation) (USA)

- Genomic Revolution Exhibition - Audience Research (Brazil)

UPDATES on research listed in earlier issues of MEM:

- What is it that makes an exhibition spectacular like non-museum
experiences? (USA)

A complimentary copy of this Museum Education Monitor, July 2008 is
available upon request to [log in to unmask] . Or visit the MEM Blog at
http://forum.mccastle.com/ for up-to-date listings.

M. Christine Castle, Editor, Museum Education Monitor
For more information about Museum Education Monitor
http://www.mccastle.com

(Please excuse cross-postings. I try to extend the call as widely as
possible. Inevitably many of us are subscribed to several electronic
discussion lists related to museum education. For those who are, your
patience is appreciated. CC.}