**Apologies for any Cross-Posting**

Dear All,

I am delighted to announce that we have new vacancies for 2
Developers working on the FEDORA and other web systems at the National Library of
Wales. Please circulate to any individuals who may be interested. The
details are below:

Software Developer (Digital Assets)
Band 3: £19,081 - £25,036
Fixed term post for a 1 year period
The Library holds a substantial number of digital assets – some produced internally as part of its digitisation projects, others deposited in the Library’s care. These assets include digital documents, photographs, sound, video and other material. The post holder will assist in the development of systems and services to manage, process and deliver these various digital assets to aid the implementation of the Library’s strategies and plans in this exciting field.  A working knowledge of Java and XML is essential and knowledge of Java servlets, PHP, XSL and SOAP would be considered an advantage. It would also be advantageous to have software development skills on a linux platform. It is essential that the post holder has experience of developing using professional methods, working with users or clients and producing documentation.

Software Developer – (Web and System Integration)
Band 3: £19,081 - £25,036
Fixed term post for a 1 year period
The Library offers a number of online services – some to all our users via the web, others are internal to readers, visitors or staff. The post holder will assist in the development of the systems to offer and support some of these services, including integrating separate systems, to help implement the Library's strategies and operational plans for its services to the public and staff. A working knowledge of web application development and development using XML are essential. Knowledge of Java servlets, PHP and XSL would be considered an advantage, as would exprerience of developing in a linux environment. It is essential that the post holder will have had experience of professional development methods, working with users or customers and producing documentation.
The successful candidates for the above posts will have a good degree in computing or a related subject, a professional qualification in software development, or recent relevant experience. The ability to work effectively as part of a small team of technical staff is essential and the ability to communicate in both Welsh and English is desirable.

Closing date for receipt of applications: 12.00 noon 15 August 2008

Our employment package includes 27 days holidays, a final salary
pension, family friendly policies, flexible working hours and reduced
prices in the restaurant. The National Library of Wales is an equal
opportunity employer.

For an information pack and details of how to apply please contact the
Personnel Unit 01970 632530/1; by fax 01970 615709 or by Email:

Full details are available
http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=1189

Thanks for your help

Glen Robson