We are recruiting for a managing health editor to lead the editorial development of the world's best evidence-based health information for consumers. Please do forward this advert on to anyone you know in the evidence-based health publishing world who may be interested. We are a small team with huge ambitions. For more information see: http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/asp/about The full advert follows below: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Managing Health Editor Employer logo Bupa's award-winning health information team supports our global business and leads the pursuit of excellence in consumer health information publishing. Our publications, across all media, add value for our existing members and attract new customers. We're looking for a full-time managing health editor to lead the editorial team, based in the Group Medical department in Central London. Striving to develop the best consumer health information in the world, you'll ensure every publication is relevant, reliable and readable, and communicates Bupa's corporate values. This demanding role requires your editorial expertise, your ability to develop winning ideas and your skills to manage a team of 7-10 health editors across a range of outputs including web news, magazine features and patient education materials. You'll be passionate about evidence-based medicine and skilled at spotting media health stories that are more hype than substance. You'll control the standard of all publications, negotiate fees and copyright and ensure all deadlines are met. You'll also maintain our network of freelancers, commission user research, establish an editorial panel and support the Assistant Medical Director with vital research. You will have previous publishing experience with a respected, evidence-based life sciences publication or healthcare organisation. In addition to your proven editorial skills, knowledge of evidence-based medicine and up-to-the-minute awareness of healthcare developments, you'll have a solid grasp of publishing applications and most importantly, the proven ability to foster a supportive, hardworking team environment and use your great people skills to get the best out of others. In return, you'll enjoy all the benefits that come with a role at Bupa, including pension, bonus scheme, free health screening, health insurance and career opportunities across the whole Bupa group. * To apply for this role, please contact Louise Turner at [log in to unmask] * Please quote reference number 515176 when applying for this position. * All applications must include a cover letter, CV and three work samples. * Bupa is an equal opportunities employer and we appoint solely on the basis of ability. * Closing date: Tuesday 30th September 2008 * Contract: permanent * Hours: full-time * Salary: £excellent + benefits ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dr Annabel Bentley | Assistant Medical Director | Group Medical Bupa, 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2BA T: 020 7656 2069 | F: 020 7656 2708 Please consider the environment before printing this email Feel better with Bupa To find out what Bupa can do for you, visit http://www.bupa.com Bupa House 15-19 Bloomsbury Way London WC1A 2BA Internet communications are not secure and therefore Bupa does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bupa. Bupa Insurance Limited, Bupa Health Assurance Limited, Bupa Insurance Services Limited and Goldsborough Estates Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. For a list of Bupa's main UK trading companies visit www.bupa.co.uk/html/statements/trading_addresses.html