Message
Forwarded message from NIACE
James

From: Syra Shafi [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 19 August 2008 09:29
Subject: Learning and Skills Research Network Conference

Dear Colleague,

I believe the following NIACE conference would be of interest to your role.

I would also like to enquire whether it would be possible for you to disseminate conference details to any relevant networks or contacts you may have.

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Syra Shafi

Publicity & Promotions Administrator

Conferences, Seminars & Courses

NIACE

Renaissance House

20 Princess Road West

Leicester

LE1 6TP

Tel: 01162044221

Fax: 01162548368

Learning and Skills Research Network Conference

Conference announcement and call for submissions

Thursday 4 December 2008

Thistle Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, Marble Arch, London W1H 7EH

Participant Fee: £165.00

We are pleased to invite you to the Learning and Skills Research Network Conference which brings together practitioners from further and higher education, adult community learning, voluntary organisations and training providers who are interested in research and development in the Learning and Skills Sector.

The theme of this year’s conference, professional identity and practice is of huge importance to colleagues working across the sector. The nature of professionalism and professional identity in current contexts continues to be problematic, contested, and debated. The conference will allow us to explore and debate the notion of professionalism, including questions around where, how and whether professionalism exists or is being eroded or developed (or not) for staff and students in the sector.

The conference provides a unique opportunity to share interests and explore how research can help our understanding of the policy and practice of facilitating learning for young people and adults. The conference offers those who are conducting or using research the opportunity to inform others about it.

We welcome contributions and participation from practitioners in:

Ø      Adult and community learning

Ø      Further Education

Ø      Higher Education

Ø      Learning and Skills Councils

Ø      Lifelong Learning Networks

Ø      Prisons

Ø      Private Training Providers

Ø      Trade Unions

Ø      Voluntary and Community sector

Ø      Workbased learning providers

For more information visit: http://www.niace.org.uk/Conferences/C1695_LSRN.htm or download the flyer attached to this email.

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]