.
Just read some posts by Penny L. Richards, on H-Disability  (the History of
Disability list), and she mentions the new issue of Disability Studies Quarterly
28 (3), having some historical materials concerned with disability.

Checking it up, I found the other main section in this DSQ, which might be of
more general interest, is on Disability and "Disability Studies" in Japan, with
some introductory articles, reviews, and a resource list, quite a lot of which is
online.  (And all in English, making easier reading for many of us...)    DSQ
at: www.dsq-sds.org

This DSQ issue is open online, at present. I'm not quite clear about their
policy -  it seems the 'current issue' is free, until the next one comes along,
after some months. Once it goes into the archives, you pay to view.

[That might be because Americans, when they read something worthwhile,
tend to think  "Hey, this is good;  we better pay a subscription and make sure
we get this regularly!";  while Brits, when they read something that's free, tend
to think, "Hey, this may be crap but at least it's free. Must be one of our rights
and entitlements. Good to have some new crap to grumble about!"  Two
nations divided by an uncommon psychology  :)   But maybe there's a more
complicated, evidence-based, psycho-economic explanation  (for which
there will be an explanation in Japanese).]

miles

Archives and tools are located at: