Ah, OK, from the preliminary application profile it looks like these had already been registered. I'd heard about the _plans_ to do so, but assumed from Karen's work that it had already been done. Sounds like that's not the case, though.

Thanks,

Jenn
From: List for discussion on Resource Description and Access (RDA) [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diane I. Hillmann [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Application Profiles: baby steps

Jenn:

Gordon Dunsire intends to register the FRBR entities and attributes in
the NSDL Registry on behalf of IFLA, but they're a bit behind on making
a decision about a namespace, which he'd like to have before doing the
registration.  He has done some test registrations in the NSDL Registry
Sandbox (see: http://sandbox.metadataregistry.org
<see:%20http://sandbox.metadataregistry.org>, sort the vocabularies by
name, and look for FRBR).  Though some of these test registrations are
done as vocabularies, the intention is to do most of them as schemas in
the production registry.

BTW, the FRBR blog (http://www.frbr.org/) has some good summaries of
some of the recent IFLA activity, including some of Gordon's activities,
which is very worthwhile reading.

Diane