Paul's posting contains some admirable understatement ... but I do
rather wonder whether archaeologists themselves are the best people to
judge how melodramatic/interesting/entertaining/funny etc. programmes
such as this are ... an entirely unscientific sampling of the two
newspaper TV review guides which come through my letter box from time to
time suggests that hysterical melodrama, or similar facets of the
Bonekickers programmes, has been more noted than the
interest/entertainment value - do we have suggestions for any objective
measures of how programmes such as these are/have been received?

Dr Willy Kitchen
Foundation Programme Director
The Institute for Lifelong Learning
University of Sheffield