Defining specific restraints on bonds connecting the chromophore with the rest of the protein worked fine for us in Refmac when we solved a turboGFP structure a couple of years ago. There wasnĄ¯t anything special that had to be done ¨C all strictly by the bookĄ­

Artem

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of sheng CUI
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 7:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] chromophore in GFP

Hi everybody,

we have solved the X-ray structure of a GFP (green fluorescent protein) containing complex. During refinement of the structure we now encountered the problem of connecting the GFP chromophore covalently to the polypeptide chain. We introduced the chromophore to our model as a separate ligand with separate toplogy. So far we could not find a way to integrate it in the primary sequence.

Any idea how this problem can be solved? Which programs might be useful?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Sheng & Axel

Dr. Sheng CUI     ´Ūʤ