Jerry said:
> Does anyone have this experience of rotating molecules along any
> other specified axis and keeping the same view point as usual?

I have, but its complicated. (Interpolated) rotation about an
arbitrary axis is not a straightforward operation, especially if said
axis does not pass through the origin. You are well advised to
describe your rotation as a quaternion transformation, calculate the
interpolations in quaternion space, convert them to the pymol
"transformation matrices" (which are not conventional transformation
matrices) and apply those, saving frames as you go. But you can have a
lot of fun figuring out how to do it if you can spare the time.

It may be a simpler process these days though. That was a couple of
years ago.

James

--
James Stroud