 See the new 'Croome Treasures' items at: http://worcestershire.whub.org.uk/home/wccindex/wcc-records/wcc-records-croome/wcc-records-croome-treasures.htm

From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Davenport, JackieSent: 19 August 2008 14:54To: [log in to unmask]: Scanning outsize plans

Hi all,
We have a gentleman wishing to visit us who will be looking for copies of large scale boat plans which are too big for our A3 flatbed scanner.  We explained that the only photocopiers/scanners used by the Council that could handle these are the massive ones that feed the paper through between rollers (the ones the planners use).  My predecessor did not like these as he felt there was potential for documents to be damaged, so our policy is that if it doesn’t fit the A3 scanner copies can only be made via digital camera, taking several pictures and fitting them together if need be.
The gentleman has now replied that lots of other archives use this sort of machine, including the NLS who he believes uses them to scan “old and valuable books”.  Is he mistaken, or does anyone out there use these machines without any problems?
Thanks,
Jackie Davenport,
Archives and Administration Manager,
Manse Brae,
Lochgilphead,
PA31 8RT
Tel: (01546) 604774
Fax: (01546) 604769
http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to anyone and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Argyll and Bute Council shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.All communications sent to or from Argyll and Bute Council may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. This email has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content.
Mae’r e-bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiadau yn gyfrinachol ac wedi’u bwriadu at ddefnydd yr unigolyn y’u cyfeiriwyd ato/ati yn unig. Os derbyniwch y neges hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i’r sawl a’i hanfonodd ar unwaith, dilëwch y neges o’ch cyfrifiadur a dinistriwch unrhyw gopďau papur ohoni. Ni ddylech ddangos yr e-bost i unrhyw un arall, na gweithredu ar sail y cynnwys. Eiddo’r awdur yw unrhyw farn neu safbwynt a fynegir, ac nid ydynt o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli safbwynt y Cyngor. Dylech wirio am firysau eich hunan cyn agor unrhyw atodiad. Nid ydym yn derbyn unrhyw atebolrwydd am golled neu niwed a all fod wedi’i achosi gan firysau meddalwedd neu trwy ryng-gipio’r neges hon neu ymyrryd â hi.
 This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If received in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer and destroy any hard copies. The e-mail should not be disclosed to any other person, nor the contents acted upon. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. We accept no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses or interception/interruption of this mail.
Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/