Hi all,

We have a gentleman wishing to visit us who will be looking for copies of large scale boat plans which are too big for our A3 flatbed scanner.  We explained that the only photocopiers/scanners used by the Council that could handle these are the massive ones that feed the paper through between rollers (the ones the planners use).  My predecessor did not like these as he felt there was potential for documents to be damaged, so our policy is that if it doesnt fit the A3 scanner copies can only be made via digital camera, taking several pictures and fitting them together if need be.

The gentleman has now replied that lots of other archives use this sort of machine, including the NLS who he believes uses them to scan old and valuable books.  Is he mistaken, or does anyone out there use these machines without any problems?

Thanks,

Jackie Davenport,

Archives and Administration Manager,

Manse Brae,

Lochgilphead,

PA31 8RT

Tel: (01546) 604774

Fax: (01546) 604769

http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to anyone and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Argyll and Bute Council shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

All communications sent to or from Argyll and Bute Council may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

This email has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content.