Please note that this advertisement will not appear in ARC.

L014430A

DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL
ADULT & COMMUNITY SERVICES
Libraries, Learning and Culture

Durham County Record Office

Archivist (Cataloguing)

Salary :Scale 5/6 £18,907-£22,845 pa
Vacancy AC0236

Durham County Record Office is seeking a self-motivated archivist, with drive and enthusiasm, to join a team of 10, four of whom are archivists.

You should possess a relevant degree, and a post-graduate qualification in archive administration, together with experience of cataloguing archives.

The Record Office is committed to the use of ICT in the administration of archives, particularly the online database of all our catalogues.  The successful candidate will contribute to the development of the cataloguing database and widening access to the collections via digitisation of archives.

The successful candidate will be particularly responsible for cataloguing large and complex collections.

As part of a team s/he will undertake surveys and appraisal of records.  S/he will also contribute to all aspects of delivering a quality public service, for example answering enquiries, running the Search Room, delivering outreach activities and preparing exhibitions.  This will necessitate some evening and weekend work.

For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Liz Bregazzi, County Archivist, 0191 3834211.

Closing date: Friday 12th September, 2008.

CRB Standard Disclosure required.

Apply on-line via our website www.durham.gov.uk/jobs or contact the Workforce Support Team, Adult & community Services, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UG.
Telephone: (0191) 383 3081.
E-mail: a&[log in to unmask]

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.