Dear David,

We had a similar need a few months ago and came up against a brick wall.
We overcame the problem as one of our assistants offered to copy the audio
tapes onto disc.  He bought the equipment that comes with software ("ION"
Cost about £80 - £100) himself and we're very pleased with the results.

Sheree

Privacy

Your personal details will be used by Aviva plc for the purposes of
providing the information you have requested.  Unless you have a
relationship with Aviva or its business partners that provides otherwise,
your personal data will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with
third parties.

Sheree J Leeds
Group Assistant Archivist
Aviva plc
Tel 01603 682649
http://www.aviva.com/heritage

David Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Archivists, conservators and records managers."
22/08/2008 14:23
Please respond to
David Bishop <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: converting audio cassettes to CD

I've been approached by someone who has a large collection of audio
cassettes of interviews conducted with local people, and who is interested
in transferring them onto CD. We don't have suitable equipment here - are
there any other archive services (preferably in the Midlands) who may be
able to undertake this, or know of commercial companies who may be able to
help?

I've searched the list archives, and found several similar questions, but
no answers!

Many thanks,

David

PLEASE NOTE Wolverhampton Archives will be closed to the public from 1
November 2008 to February 2009. During this period, the service will be
moving to its new home at the Molineux Hotel. For further details, please
contact Wolverhampton Archives on the number below.

David Bishop
City Archivist
Wolverhampton Archives & Local Studies, 42-50 Snow Hill, Wolverhampton,
WV2 4AG
01902 552485
web site: http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/archives

**********************************
DISCLAIMER: This email and files transmitted are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, distribute or use it in
any unauthorised manner.  If you have received this email in error please
notify us by telephone on 01902 552480 or by email to
[log in to unmask] and then delete it and any
attachments accompanying it. Please note that Wolverhampton City Council
cannot guarantee that this message or any attachments are virus free or
have not been intercepted and amended.

Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect those of Wolverhampton City Council