You can be both a reader & a collector at the same time, if you're careful.  Last night I
"manufactured" three collectible first editions out of books I'd read by putting them in
front of mystery writer George Pelecanos.  He signed them.  If I lay in unique snapshots
of him & copies of a now-unavailable GP bookmark, these items should rise above the
competition and be purchased.

Incidentally, Pelecanos estimated that world-wide sales of his new book will total
1000000.  To think that I once termed him "the Charles Olson of Silver Spring".

Barry