> Has anybody bought similar off-the-shelf servers and had success getting
> SL4 to work?

We've just bought a set of 4 white (well, black) boxes from one of the
local computer sellers round here - Tyan Thunder motherboards which is
an nvidia chipset, dual PSU, 6 drive bays on the front, dvd drive,
dual onboard gigabit ethernet. to top up our server node numbers. and
two dual core opterons. we could have had quad cores but a bit slower
for the same price if we wanted.]

Barring the snafu with the mac addresses (see
http://scotgrid.blogspot.com/2008/06/attack-of-clones.html ) they
seemed OK - SL picked up all the critical bits fine. Not stuck
lmsensors on them yet though.

Andrew