Dear SPMers,

I'm trying to design an ER-fMRI experiment for DCM analysis.
I wonder if there's any restriction or rule of thumb in practice for making
an optimized design for DCM.
For example, what TR to use, SOA/ISI (the shorter the better?), jittering,
pseudorandom order (Can I still use Optseq2?), how many trials for a
condition are needed (more than a normal ERfMRI experiment?) etc.

I've tried to read some DCM papers and searched in the SPM archive but
couldn't really find this kind of practical tips for DCM designing.
I'm not sure if this is a proper place to ask about this, but if anybody
can
give me some tips or references I'd really appreciate.

Julian Lin

PhD Candidate
Psychology, University of Arizona