Michel

I believe the glass brain is the maximum intensity projection. It represents the maximum of the scaled voxel values for a 2D projection of the 3D volume in each of the cardinal directions (transverses, sagittal and coronal). See spm_mip.m and spm_project.c

darren

From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michel Thiebaut
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Sagittal, Coronal and axial projection plane grey intensity

Dear experts,

I woke up this morning with the following question: why my grey intensity vary inside my SPM glass brain ? is-it  average of the orthogonal projection on each plane the T or F value for each voxel or is-it simply a representation of the 3D volume projected in 2D plane ?

thank you for solutions,

michel