Dear Zhiqiang Zhang,

SPM performs a voxel-wise statistical test. The number of degrees of
freedom depends on your design, not on the volume covered by your mask.
The shape and volume of your mask is important only to correct the
significance levels for multiple comparisons.
Therefore, one would normally not observe changes in T- or uncorrected
p-values with and without a mask. Only corrected p-values and
cluster-level statistics are likely to change, if the mask covers much
less than whole brain volume.

Volkmar

--
Volkmar Glauche