The NIfTI headers contain a bunch of fields that are not fully supported
within SPM5.  SPM can read the fields, but does not write them (or sticks in
default values).   After we have made the full switch from the spm_vol
utilities, and move to the nifti utilities, then we can start to deal with
all fields.  Because SPM currently involves over 300,000 lines of code, then
changing everything over can take a while.

Best regards,
-John