Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 3:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Comparative definitions of Classification and Taxonomy

Though I guess this also begs the question of why, despite the presence for the past half century or more, of records management (with all its traditional ‘rules’) does this ‘chaos’ still exist?

Hence suggesting that now might be a good time for the profession to fundamentally question whether its current rules are, indeed, fit for purpose (as explored further in my book, Managing the Crowd if you can excuse the blatant plug)

But that is a can of worms which is probably best left  for another day…

Steve