BA Festival of Science, Liverpool, 6 - 11 September 08

This year, the BA Festival of Science is in Liverpool as we join the Capital of Culture 08 celebrations.

Join us for debates in venues like the Cavern Club on the latest hot topics and research, get cultural at plays about the history of science, create your own big bang at the family weekend Science Explosion at the World Museum, get out and about on one of our many excursions and talk to some of the best and well known scientists from the UK and abroad. Sir David King, Ranulph Fiennes, Robert Winston, Adam-Hart Davis, Dick Strawbridge, Jim Al-Khalili, a host of crime writers and many more will be joining us at the University of Liverpool and venues all across the city and beyond.

There will also be our popular Award Lectures presented by five outstanding young communicators.

This is just a taster of what's on offer, so find out more and book events on our new website: http://www.the-ba.net/festivalofscience To sign up for a printed programme, please email [log in to unmask] with contact details.

If anyone in and around Liverpool would be happy to take some of programmes or posters for public venues it would be much appreciated - please contact me off list if you can help.

Many thanks!

Natalie

Roll up, roll up for the Magical Memory Tour… Contribute to a new psychology study exploring the link between memory and music and help create the biggest database of ‘autobiographical memories’ ever attempted by adding your Beatles-related memories online at www.magicalmemorytour.com. Join us at the BA Festival of Science in the European Capital of Culture, Liverpool (6 to 11 September) www.the-ba.net/festivalofscience to find out the results.

Natalie Ireland
Festival of Science Officer (Event Management)
the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4941

F: +44 (0)870 770 7102
Website: http://www.the-ba.net

Registered charity with the Charity Commission: No 212479

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
behalf of the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)