The Leicestershire BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science) is working with the Muslim Women's Association to plan a series of events addressing the science-related needs of Muslim women, in particular those from the Somali, Bangladeshi and Pakistani communities in Leicester.  Topics might include diabetes, aging, smoking, mental health, computers, the environment, transport or anything which impacts on their lives and has a science or engineering component. In particular we are planning a 'Science in the Kitchen' event which will address issues of healthy and environmentally friendly cooking and cleaning, and would welcome anyone (especially women) with expertise in these areas.

Anyone interested in presenting science to this group should contact me. Speakers with a knowledge of Hindi would be especially welcome.

Phil Brown
East Midlands Regional Officer
T: 024 7671 7275
M: 07808 294 844
E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.the-ba.net
Registered charity 212479 and SCO39236
Please consider the environment before printing this message
********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk