Hi All,

I recently finished a very important research to define contemporary design approaches but I looked
into more historical documents as well and then I realized also state that design is discourse as
Krippendorf or Sarkinnen didas well.

And when I studied Foucault design is discourse is also a sustainable statement as well from the
Foucault perspective reading some parts of the Archeology. Because the textual matter changes, but
a discourse is observable also when the discourse community changes.

My question here is, does anybody have an idea where design as a discourse isn't defendable?

Jurgen Faust

Prof. Media Design MFM Munich
CAO, Gruppo IED Milan