Yes Keith; thanks for the clarification.  I'm not a cognitive scientist
and so my ability to talk sensibly about situation whether it be in the
sense of situated cognition or not is limited.  But to the best I can
figure, 'situation' is good word to use to name this thing I'm thinking of.

Cheers.
Fil