________________________________

From: Yangna Li [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thu 10/07/2008 15:42

Dear Colleague,

The Race Equality Foundation and the SSRG (Social Services Research Group) with INVOLVE are holding a fourth one-day conference on 'Inclusion and Exclusion 2008.  The overall aim of the conference is to explore research on racism and ethnicity and the messages for policy and practice in key areas of public services, including: housing, health and social care for adults and children on Thursday 20th November 2008.  The conference will take place at the School for Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. We are now calling for papers.

We are inviting papers on the following themes:

* How research contributes to bringing about changes in policy / practice

* Messages from researchers for practitioners and policy makers

* Messages from service users, practitioners and policy makers for researchers

* Using research to tackle institutional racism

* Effective inclusion of black and minority ethnic users and communities in research

* Examples of best practice in research on racism and ethnicity

* Ensuring effective inclusion of equalities issues in all research

* Recent findings from quantitative and qualitative research on racism and ethnicity

* Role of BME researchers in public/voluntary services

* Exploring linkages between the experience of discrimination on grounds of race, gender, disability, faith, age, sexuality

* Securing funding for inclusive research

How to submit a paper is contained in the attached PDF file.

Further details are also available on the SSRG website (www.ssrg.org.uk) and the Race Equality Foundation website www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk.

We would be grateful if you could forward this email to colleagues in your organisation and other contacts who may be interested in submitting a paper.

Best Wishes

Yangna Li

Yangna Li
Administrator
Race Equality Foundation
Unit 35 Kings Exchange
Tileyard Road
London
N7 9AH
www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk <http://www.raceequalityfoundation.org.uk/>
Tel:   020 7619 6220
Fax:  020 7619 6230
Email: [log in to unmask]

Race Equality Foundation was formerly known as REU.  This name change became effective from 1st September 2006.