Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:20:14 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Assistance with questionnaire evaluation
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Eva,

This sounds a very interesting and valuable study.

I hope the following comments on the questionnaire may be helpful:

General:

A sans serif (=without the twirly bits on the letters) font like Arial is considered more accessible (eg for people with dyslexia) than a font like Times New Roman (the one you use)

A questionnaire is likely to elicit different responses from those produced during a structured interview

Would a question about the possible consequences of preterm labour be within the scope of your study?

Numbered questions:

5.  How would you define .... (rather than how can you .....)

in 6. and 7. you phrase the question thus "In your opinion" or similar.  I think that in 8. you would do better to follow this line ie: "How, do you think, can preterm labour can be prevented?"

9.  Is AN classes the only source of information?  Midwives? Health care providers?

Good luck with your research.  It leaves me wondering how much UK women know about the symptoms of preterm labour!

All good wishes,

Margy Hughes

Midwife