Subject: Ann: British Library Catalogue of Illuminated Manuscripts-Update
From: Dr Catherine Yvard <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, July 2, 2008 12:35 pm

Since Wednesday 25 June, over 400 new entries for Medieval and
Renaissance manuscripts (with at least one image per record) from the
British Library Harley Collection have been made available online as
part of the Catalogue of Illuminated Manuscripts
(http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/welcome.htm).
Please note that some new images have also been added to records which
were already online.

A few novelties:
- we are in the process of illustrating the glossary, a particularly
useful resource for teaching
http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/glossary.asp
(letters A-D are now completed)
- 'Treasures known and unknown in the British Library', a talk given
by Prof. John Lowden (Courtauld Institute) in June 2007 as part of the
British Library 'Treasures' conference is now available online, with
all relevant images:
http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/tours.asp
- a short paragraph on the Harley conference, scheduled for 29-30 June
2009 at the British Library has been added in the 'About' section.
http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/introduction.asp
The full call for papers has kindly been made available in full by
Jean-Luc Deuffic on his Pecia blog
(http://blog.pecia.fr/post/2008/04/16/Divers-Manuscripts-both-Antient-Curious).
It is not too late if you intend to send in a proposal, we are
accepting proposals for papers on an on-going basis and have not yet
set a deadline.

Dr Catherine Yvard
Project Officer - Catalogue of Illuminated Manuscripts
The British Library
96 Euston Road
London NW1 2DB
United Kingdom