Hi,

Tehmina suggested:
"Another addition to location/place-based data could include details of
monuments and sites."

I love this idea. I had a quick poke on Flickr, searching existing groups
for "statues", and found this map -
http://www.flickr.com/groups/statuesnsculptures/pool/map?mode=group -
containing almost 20,000 geotagged photos (out of a total of about 65,000 in
the group) of statues and sculpture.

This is an interesting example to me, because there's already 8,000 people
in that group, with an obvious interest in collecting together images of
sculpture. What if museums joined a group like this as _contributors_, and
not as "the governing body?"

"There have been various talks about making data
available (presumably using SMR/HER information) to mobile devices
using geo-tagging so when people enter an area of particular interest,
their mobile or sat nav alerts them and then allows them to explore
further information - this would be particularly useful for world
heritage sites.  Museums or visitor centres within sites could serve
as 'hubs'."

There was a recent release for the iPhone, called "Exposure", which shows
you photos from Flickr taken near you. Super cool! -
http://connectedflow.com/exposure/ - Photos could be replaced with anything,
conceivably. Imagine what a group like Antenna Audio might be able to help
with here? (Not sure if they do much GPS stuff yet, but there's a certain
infrastructure there...)

Cheers,
george