Some time ago - in 2005 - Archives & Museum Informatics launched a
survey of museum web activities. We noted then that:

     Each financial cycle museum Webmasters struggle
     to justify their budget requests. Whenever statistical reports are
     circulated someone asks, "How do we compare?" When exploring the
     benefits of a new function, Web teams ask themselves "Is it worth the
     investment?" Answers to these questions are hard to come by.

     [see http://www.archimuse.com/research/mwbenchmarks/index.html
for the full background]

This survey - the results of which are written up at
http://www.archimuse.com/research/mwbenchmarks/report/mwbenchmarks2005.html
- was designed to help fill some of the voids in our knowledge. As a
first stab at the problem we realise that it wasn't perfect. And
things have changed since 2005!

We've been asked to update the survey for a client-group of museums,
and thought we'd use the opportunity to ask for input from the
community as well. If we're going to launch it again more broadly,
we'd like it to be useful to you ...

So, please, take a look at the questions - available as a PDF from
http://www.archimuse.com/research/mwbenchmarks/MW-Survey05.pdf - and
post your thoughts on revisions or additional questions here:
http://conference.archimuse.com/blog/jtrant/museums_and_web_benchmarking_survey_time_update

thanks!

jennifer
--