Recently a friend of mine received an oddly worded email threatening that he
would be killed unless he was prepared to buy off the sender.  I had
something similar last year, and took it to the police.  I hope I'm not
unduly paranoid but a few years ago I was involved in dismissing a library
assistant who turned out to be a very nasty and persistent stalker, and whom
I have seen since in circumstances unlikely to have been coincidental.)

Anyway, the Metropolitan Police's computer crime people hadn't seen anything
like it before.  They told me they were pretty sure it was just a nasty
variation on the money laundering scam, but that if I was murdered they
would find this very helpful in catching the culprit (or words to that
effect).

It's clearly not an isolated case, and I'm just wondering how common this
is.

Tony

Tony McSean

+20 7502 1067