Rod,
Looking at it again, IE7 flags this message when going to https://shib02.aston.ac.uk so it's happening at the apache level, there are no entries in the logs so I know where to look.
I had the idp working with testshib but I want to understand errors like:

2008-07-24 13:49:51 INFO Shibboleth.AttributeExtractor [6]: skipping unmapped SAML 2.0 Attribute with Name: urn:oid:0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1
2008-07-24 13:49:51 WARN Shibboleth.AttributeFilter [6]: removed value at position (0) of attribute (eppn) from (https://shib02.aston.ac.uk/idp/shibboleth)
2008-07-24 13:49:51 WARN Shibboleth.AttributeFilter [6]: removed value at position (0) of attribute (affiliation) from (https://shib02.aston.ac.uk/idp/shibboleth)

Thanks
John
-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rod Widdowson
Sent: 24 July 2008 10:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: shibboleth 2.0 idp/sp

John,

Have you set them up separately first?  That usually makes life easier.

Your symptom is that of appopraching a web seber which is trying to set up an SSL connection qhich requires a certificate on both sides.  This is the way that one of the IdP ports is configured - but not one that you would ever be looking at with a browser.

Further if you were going Shib2 Sp <-> Shib2 IdP it wouldn't even be being used (since that setup should be using encryopted attribute push).

Anything of interest in any of the logs?

Rod