On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 10:56 +0100, Heather Peake wrote:
> Hi
> We have registered an SP (we already have the IDP up and running). However
> we haven't completed the application that the SP is going to be securing,
> but I want to test whether my SP is configured properly. I don't know how to
> test it and there doesn't appear to be any indication on the UK Federation
> site as to how to test one either.

> Can anyone suggest how to test an SP before your application is finished,
> particularly if it is going to be your first application because if nothing
> works how would you know if it is your SP or your application?

The simplest thing would be to use your SP to protect a directory
containing a short script that lists and displays the values of your
environment variables:

   #!/usr/local/bin/perl

   print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
   print "<tt>\n";
   foreach $key (sort keys(%ENV)) {
      print "$key = $ENV{$key}<p>";
   }

Cheers

Steve

--
Steve Glover at                          email: [log in to unmask]
SDSS, EDINA, University of Edinburgh,          tel: +44 (0)131-650 2908