Dear Colleagues,

The LSC launched a new funding initiative on 25th July aiming to support innovative ways of working with Business partners to assist them in developing business processes and efficiency. The emphasis will be on existing partnerships but will not preclude new ones. The proposals probably need to be a join submission across the partnership.

Although there is no specific mention of IT, it may be that a joint project passing on ideas about wireless networking or unified communication and combining these with improving decision-making within businesses and training/knowledge transfer to support this, would be attractive. There is some significant funding on the table – between 250K and 800K over one year for successful applicants.

The catch is that the bids need to be submitted by September 17th! I somewhat cynically believe that the timing of the venture has been designed to co-incide with summer holidays and thus reduce the number of applications.

An explanatory PowerPoint presentation together with the prospectus and an application form are available from the LSC at

http://www.lsc.gov.uk/innovation/

If you would like ideas or assistance with the IT component of any bid, then please let me know. I can’t *write* 30 bids however!

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

eml: [log in to unmask]

mob: 07500 669 002