Hi, just to follow on from this posting, If you've been to a previous OAI Geneva workshop you'll
know that it's preceded by a series of practical, often interactive tutorials. For example, last
time these included one on advocacy and policy issues, and one on the Eprints3 software.

If there is a particular topic you'd like to see covered during one of these tutorials at the next
workshop, please could you email me (off-list probably).

I already have requests for tutorials on:
· Current Research Information Systems and combinations or links between a CRIS and repository
· Copyright / digital rights
· Enhanced publications ('data+paper')
· Virtual research environments
· Persistent identifiers and digital preservation
· Usage & citation
· EPrints 3.1
· Repositories and Web2.0

thanks
Neil

Neil Jacobs wrote:
> Apologies for cross-posting
>
> Make a place in your diaries for the next OAI workshop: OAI6, the 6th
> Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication, which will be held
> in Geneva, Switzerland:
>
> Wednesday 17th to Friday 19th June 2009.
>
> The workshop will follow the successful format of previous workshops
> mixing practical tutorials, presentations from cutting-edge projects and
> research, discussion groups, posters, and an intense social programme to
> maximise interaction and communication. It will be possible to register
> for a part or all of the programme.
>
> The workshop is aimed at those involved in the development of open
> access (OA) repositories and who can influence the direction of
> developments either within their institution, their country or at an
> international level - that includes technical developers of OA
> bibliographic databases and connected services, research information
> policy developers at university or library level, funding bodies
> concerned with access to the results of their research, OA publishers,
> and influential researchers keen to lead OA developments in their own
> field.
>
> Previous workshops have built a strong community spirit and the event is
> a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and contact details with the wide
> range of people connected to the OA movement. The OAI series of
> workshops is one of the biggest international meetings in this field and
> takes place roughly every two years.
>
> http://www.unige.ch/workshop/oai6/
>
> Further information will be added to this web site, including programme
> details, a registration form, a call for posters, and accommodation and
> travel advice. The 2009 workshop will be held at a larger venue
> belonging to the University of Geneva (UniGe) who we welcome as
> co-organisers of this event. Future announcements may be made directly
> from the UniGe organisers. Some slides of the new venue can be seen here:
> http://www.unige.ch/workshop/oai6/diaporama-mail.php
>
> The committee looks forward to welcoming you to Geneva next year for
> another successful event.

> Joanne Yeomans
> On behalf of the OAI6 Organising Committee
> http://www.unige.ch/workshop/oai6/
> Email: [log in to unmask]

***Please note that I will be on leave during most of August.***
Neil Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
JISC Executive, Beacon House, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU
+44 (0)117 33 10772   /   07768 040179
Anything in this message which does not clearly relate to the official
work of the sender's organisation shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by that organisation.