Dear colleagues,

 The British Geophysical Association’s annual Postgraduate Research in
Progress meeting will take place in Durham on 1st and 2nd September. We
take a broad view of “geophysics”, and welcome any participant and
presentation from associated fields such as geotectonics and
geodynamics.   Please encourage your research students to register and
submit a presentation. Registration and abstract submission are open
until the end of July. Supervisors are also encouraged to take part!
Further details and registration are available at
 http://www.dur.ac.uk/conference.booking/details/?id=14

Highlights will include Tavi Murray’s presentation of her Bullerwell
lecture “Beneath the ice: geophysical observations at Rutford Ice
Stream, West Antarctica”, and the BGA invited lecture by Lars Stixrude
“From minerals to mantle: the planetary mosaic”.

This is an excellent opportunity for postgraduate students to present
their work to a broader audience in a friendly atmosphere, to discuss
results with other staff and students, to network (e.g. seek job
opportunities!) and to learn what is going on in the national (and
wider) geophysical scene.

We very much look forward to seeing you and your students at the meeting!

With best regards,

Roger Searle

--
R. C. Searle