Dear Gem members, if you work in any capacity with early years please read on...

Earlyarts (www.earlyarts.co.uk) is a network that supports professionals working creatively with young children and families. Earlyarts is run by Isaacs UK, a social enterprise, supporting organisations in building creative learning environments (www.isaacsuk.co.uk).

Isaacs UK has received a small award from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation to conduct a piece of research with the early years, arts and cultural sectors. We would like to find out more about what you do, and what are your opportunities, challenges and visions for the future.

We are interested in hearing from any organisation working with early years and creativity on any scale, however large or small a part of your remit that may be.

Our aim is to facilitate the development of a knowledge-sharing network of partners, organisations and agencies across the UK to share their work on the important role of creative practice in children’s learning and development. We hope this shared knowledge will help us to complement one another, to strengthen our individual voices, to enhance our practice and to maximise our resources.

Our survey will take you between 15 and 30 minutes to complete. The information you provide will remain confidential, and all your views and ideas will be treated with great respect. We will ask your permission to publish any quotes and you can remain anonymous if you would prefer.

Please click here to complete our online questionnaire, the deadline for which is Friday, 19th September 2008.

The direct URL, should you need it, is http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=x86XATtO_2boH9FieJEYZGSg_3d_3d

As we are hoping to cover as wide a spread of creative early years practice, policy, research and training as possible, we would be very grateful if you would forward this email to any colleagues that you think would be interested in contributing their ideas, or any networks you belong to. If you have received this more than once, we apologise for cross-posting but, in this case, its important to have more rather than less.

Thanks for your time,

Sally

Sally Fort
Consultant: www.fortresources.co.uk