I have a question regarding when to apply MELODIC in the post below.

I ran a first level analysis with motion parameters added for all subjects.
 In a separate analysis, I ran the same first level analysis, except with
Melodic turned on and without adding motion parameters to the model.

Adding motion parameters to the model cleaned up the data, but in some of
the runs head motion appears to be in a single TR (that is tempting to try
to clean up using melodic ICA).  Can I use Melodic to remove head-motion
artifacts - and then rerun the analysis with the motion parameters added? I
don't want to run smoothing twice.  (and I can't select add motion
parameters to model with prestats turned off).  Is there a valid way to do
this, or is it only valid to run the analysis with Melodic or with the
motion parameters added to the model - and not both?

Thanks for the clarification.

(http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fslcourse/lectures/melodic.pdf