Hi again,

you don't specify which version of FAST you were "playing with". If this is the FAST3 version, I would definitely recommend first switching to FAST4 (with the default options), which greatly improves the segmentation of the subcortical structures. However, GPe and GPi are amongst the structures that are the less likely to be recognised as GM, so you might then need to use priors...

Hope this helps,
Gwenaelle