Hi Merry,

I think for the Siemens scanners the diffusion directions are programmed in the magnet
coordinate system, which is defined as LAI:
From Siemens' IDEA Manual: "The fixed coordinate system of the scanner hardware is the
physical coordinate system. Standing in front of the scanner and look over the patient
table into the magnet, then the x-axis points from left to right; y-axis points from down
to up; z-axis points from rear to front (towards you)".
That is why if you multiply the z component of the bvecs by -1 you get the right dtifit.

-Pablo