Hi

Hi,

I started using probtrackx to do fiber tracking on our data and got some
results. But I'm not sure how to explain the results. For example, I use a single
seed mask, and one waypoint mask, and at some voxel in "fdt_paths "
generated by probtrackx, the value is 300. Can I say the possibility of this
point connecting the seed mask and the waypoint mask is 300/5000?
Since I used the default parameters, and the number of samples is 5000.

yes if your seed mask only has one voxel, otherwise the total number of samples is 5000*sizeOfSeed.
you would get the probability that the pathway connecting your seed to your waypoint, passes through that particular voxel.

I searched through the archives, and found some related questions and
answers, Saad said "The values in each voxel of fdt_paths represent the
number of tracts that have reached that voxel. (in multiple seed masks, the
tracts coming from all seeds are combined)." But I'm still not sure how to
convert the values to probabilities.
Thanks,

Saad Jbabdi,
Postdoctoral Research Assistant,
Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222545  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~saad