Hi,

You are right that Prelude is unhappy with disconnected parts of the
image. It does some connected component operations to fill small
holes in masks and this will prevent it working on disconnected areas.

So the solution is simply to make a separate mask for each disconnected
area and process them separately through prelude. This is very easy to
script and you can easily get the separate components from your mask
using cluster - e.g. cluster -i mymask -t 0.5 -o indeximage
will create and image called "indeximage" which has a different non-zero
value for each separate component in your mask. You can then make
separate files using fslmaths with the -thr and -uthr values set
appropriately.

I hope this helps and sorry for the delay - I just got back from post
FSL-course
holiday.

All the best,
Mark