Hi

fundamentally this isn't such a problem - if I understand your study
correctly you'll be dealing with a paired t-test comparison, i.e. what
is relevant is the t2-t1 difference and not the comparison A vs B at
t1. For peace of mind you should verify that t2-t1 for the control
population is centered at 0 - that's the relevant null assumption to
test against.
hth
Christian